Monday, February 23, 2009

Rodarte Cobweb Knit Tights

Oh geez... Do you ever just get something in your head and then you can't stop thinking about it and have to have it...

This is where I am with the Rodarte Cobweb tights from like two seasons ago (Fall '08).

They are pretty much fabulous and I have to try and figure out how to knit them. (and try to figure out how I can get those GORGEOUS Louboutins... something sorta "Alice in Wonderland about them"...)

The fun gals at Six Six Sick have figured it out... as has someone on Etsy, who's selling them for $45.00, which is great considering the originals go for $850.00
It seems that huge needles plus dropping stitches and yarn overs will do it? I'd like to try it and see... They just look so warm and cozy!
I dunno why this shot made me think of Degas and his ballerinas...

Here's a nice knit-wear article from KnitKicks on Rodarte and their fabulous knits.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, actually I just finished DIY-ing the entire dress too, I will post it soon...

    xxx,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I can't wait to see it! I really like your site! :+)

    ReplyDelete