Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Debbie Bliss Sandal Booties - Booties, Blankets & Bears

Well.. 

On top of the Bathing Suit that I'm knitting and the Crochet Throw that I'm working on...

I'm also making a pair of baby booties!

(NO!  Not for me!  Come on, people!)

These are for hubby's cube-mate and his wife!

I'm not sure what they're having so I'm sticking with soft neutrals.

One skein of the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino should give a pair of booties, which is nice!


Um... I'm sorry, what?

You want me to purl row 20 and row 13 together?

Sure!  No prob!
(This stitch made me a lil nervous at first but it actually came out really nice!)

:)

I'm doing the Box of Booties idea from this book.

Should be cute, huh?

So teeny tiny...

I've come a long way from size 19 needles and Big & Chunky yarn for Twinkle projects... 

:)

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog.You knit beautifully.
    Have a question. I am stymied by the directions to "pearl row 20 and row 13 together". Would you be kind enough to tell me how you did it?
    Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MahlerMadl:

    Yes! Of course! I know! I was confused too! I was like, "what are these people talkin' about!" :)

    Anyway, I count rows... it just helps me to be clearer.

    So, for example:

    row 12 - Rep 2nd row (k to end, working k1 tbl into ea yo of previous row)

    Then these are the 7 from the "Beg with a k row, work 7 rows in St st:
    row 13 - k
    row 14 - p
    row 15 - k
    row 16 - p
    row 17 - k
    row 18 - p
    row 19 - k

    row 20 = Then "Next row [P next st tog with corresponding st 7 rows below] to end"

    to me that meant, purl row 20 and row 13 together.

    I had a hard time seeing Row 13 but I when I did find it, I just put each purl st from Row 13 on the needle with Row 20 and then P2tog.

    I hope that's helpful! Please let me know if it isn't!

    Good luck and lemme know how your booties are coming along! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any possibility there is a video of this somewhere cause I'm just not getting it...

      Delete
  3. Oh no, I had a friend pick up the supplies for me from Singapore because there is no place to buy needles where I live. I only have straight needles. By the looks of it, I'm not going to be able to get past row 12....

    ReplyDelete