Sunday, February 3, 2008

Twinkle Pilot Hat


Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Navy (2 strands together)


Needles: Size 19 circular - 24" long (and then switched down to size 15 circular - 16' long when I was getting to the top and it was getting too tight!)

Etc: Marker


Yay!!! Success!

I think this truly is the first pattern out of this Twinkle book that I've been able to get thru completely, without questions and without issue!

Hat is worked from bottom to top. Was supposed to cast on 32 stitches and I cast on 36 'cause the first time around (when I actually followed the pattern) it came out too tight and didn't fit on hubbby's head! Also did k2, p2 rib an extra 2 times cause, again, first time around, it wasn't long enough on hubby's head!



Still need to add on side ear-flap thingys...




Should be easy (at least it looks like it)!


Am happy that I was able to do this in a night. I think it took about 3-4 hrs (stopping and resting and all that).



:)



Cables!
And I was sooooo intimidated by them!
Now I'm obsessed with them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment