Friday, June 6, 2008

Twinkle Big City Knits - Magic Shawl Wrap

YAY!!!!

I finally finished the birthday gift!!!

It's not that this pattern is hard or works slow...

It's just that I got busy with lots of other stuff!

Anyway, I enjoy working this pattern and I've really come to love Cable Knit!

Doubling the yarn (2 strands vs 1) made the wrap soooo much heavier, which will be awesome at winter time on a cool night!
I think doubling the yarn also helps the chunky look even more!
Overall , I think I ended up using 10 skeins of the Lion Wool-Ease Thick & Quick yarn (that's doubled... so 5 skeins x 2)...

And while I used the reg size 17 and 19 needles for the cable knits, I used size 17 & 19 Circular needles for the longer stuff, like picking up the 66 stitches across the smaller cable.

It's so much easier to work the piece using those circular needles for the longer stuff (a nice tip I've learned from the Twinkle book!).

After all this (and a month past her bday), I hope she likes it!

A pic of the pattern from the Twinkle book:















0 comments:

Post a Comment