Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Twinkle's Big City Knits - Aspen Hat

This hat came out soooo cute and it's soooooo easy!
I'm lovin' these quick projects! They help me get thru my random yarn and they're a quick fix!

:)

I'd like to make another one with 2 different colors (ie - white brim and pink crown, etc)

I will say tho... I'm getting (really getting) the importance of gauge and checking it before making ANYTHING!

Also, importance to sticking with pattern rules (which I think goes back to gauge). This pattern calls for size #19 - 16" circular needles.

As far as I can tell, they don't exist!!! :-( (I've looked everywhere, called everywhere, online searched everywhere and nothin'!)

Anyway, so I made this hat with my size 17 - 16" circulars and it came out cuuuute but small.

I've pulled out my #19 - 24" circulars and am gonna try it again. Hopefully it'll come out correct (size-wise) but I worry about reaching a point in decreasing where the 24" will be too big for the hat!
Used Lion Wool Ease Thick & Quick in Fisherman (about 1/2 a skein).

0 comments:

Post a Comment