Monday, December 14, 2009

Lion Dobbs Ferry Cowl

 

 Do we look alike?



Kidding!!!

That's a bit better, right?



This whipped up so quickly and easily that I finished this cowl in about 2.5 hours!



I will say tho, this one is quite stiff!

So, this cowl pattern's from the Lion site and it calls for THREE strands of the Wool-Ease Thick & Quick.

That's alotta yarn there...

Lion Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in "Spice"

ooh!  Spicy!

(without flash):


It is just incredibly stiff...



It will stand up by itself!


I like this and I'd like to make one for myself (since this is a Christmas gift) but I'm thinking I'd like to try it again with only TWO strands held together. 

See what happens...

UPDATE: We had the wonderful Guinness over today (we dog-sat) and tonight we all went for a walk at about 7:30p in the freezing cold (well, for California, anyway...)

I wore this cowl as a test to see how it wore and how warm it really would be.

I will say, it was really really warm!

Maybe I will make another one with THREE strands...?

:)


0 comments:

Post a Comment