Saturday, December 12, 2009

Twinkle Nolita Shawl - Vogue Knitting


Twinkle's Nolita Shawl (Vogue Knitting online)



Do we look alike?
 :)

I really enjoyed this pattern so much.

It's very easy and it worked so fast!



I used the Lion Wool-Ease Thick & Quick (cause I have a ton of it) and it worked well.

I know the Twinkle Soft Chunky is thicker and stiffer but the Lion Wool-Ease will do for now.

I wouldn't mind making this again with the Magnum Cascade.


The other nice thing about this pattern is that it only calls for 2 skeins of yarn.

It calls for casting on with two strands held together and worked with the 2 strands but only for a lil bit.

Then the rest is worked with one strand.


The only thing I was confused about was...

The way it asks to cast on and work the beginning creates a seam.

Then, at the end, it calls for the seam to be sewn together.

And I'm not really sure why?!

Why not just cast on with circulars and join together so there's no seam?

I'm gonna make another one and try it this way, so I'll let you know!

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment