Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pumpkin Hat

This pattern is from my LYS and it worked up so quickly!


It's a quick K1, P1 rib for a few inches and then knit for a few inches and then decrease!

El Hub and our little Punkin.  (Yes, we had a pumpkin about 10 months ago!)


Our pumpkin doesn't always feel like wearing a hat...


:)

I used this Plymouth Encore yarn and I really like it.
It's nicely priced at $5.50 a skein and works well.

You know I'm always a bit hesitant when it comes to yarn with Acrylic in it ('cause of past issues with cheap yarn and stretched out hats!) but this yarn holds tightly and I do like that it can wash easily too!

The stem is an i-cord and I had done i-cord before but am always up for reminders so I found this great video on i-cord and on binding it off!!!


Super helpful, no?

Here are some FREE pumpkin hat patterns from around the web:

Susan Esser Pumpkin Hat (Ravelry) 

Crazy Aunt Purl Reversable Knit Halloweenie Beanie

Pumpkin Hat (about.com)

Sonnentaler Baby Hat

Sarah Hood Pumpkin Hats (Ravelry)

0 comments:

Post a Comment