Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Today is my Birthday!!! The BIG 35! Eeeeks!

For my b-day, my mom bought me a new sewing machine!!!

YAY!!!

The Janome Magnolia 7306!

I'm really excited about this 'cause I used to sew a lot (in my youth...) ;-)

My mom taught me how to sew when I was in High School.

She wanted to keep me busy during the summer time, so she started me on simple patterns.

She wanted to give me something to do (so I wouldn't be bored during summers...) but also to help me to learn to sew like she sews!

She taught me how to understand patterns, about fabric
(laying it out, which way to cut) and about the sewing machine (threading it, cleaning it, etc).

Anyway, it's been a long time since I've sewn and I'm excited to jump back in!

For my first project back, Mom asked me to make her a knitting needle holder from a free project pattern she found at Joann's.

This was so easy to make!

It only called for (2) different material patterns, but I liked the idea of (3) different fabric patterns and colors.

I love the retro dots on brown background!

Mom liked this and she thought the material was cute!

It's nice to get Mom's approval as she's a perfectionist. Everything she makes (sews, quilts, knits...) comes out perfect.

I have some more cute material so I'm going to make a couple more of these and then let her pick her fav!

(and then keep one for myself)...

;-)

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment