Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Purlbee Page's Soft Cotton Knit Dishtowels

Here they are!!!

The first set of my three dishtowels set (for Christmas presents)!

This pattern is from the PurlBee site, which I love and check religiously!!!

I know this pattern calls for 100% cotton but I used the Vanna's Choice Yarn
(100% Acrylic) from Lion Brand.

I'm curious to see how these wear so I'm gonna throw 'em in the washer and dryer to see if they hold up well.

I mixed and matched from four colors:
Espresso
Taupe
Linen
Beige



 You know I love my taupe-y neutrals!



I was telling the knitting oracle (mom) last night about this project and she confirmed that I should have made these outta Cotton (as opposed to Acrylic), cause the cotton yarn will absorb better and more importantly, not stretch out!

Oh well! 

Maybe I'll keep these for myself and get some cotton yarn!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment