Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tahki Stacy Charles Baby Cabled Hat with Chin Strap


Yarn:
    * Spud & Chloe Outer in 7206 (Sunkissed)
    * Spud & Chloe Outer in 7205 (Sequoia)
   
Needles: Size 13 - 16" circular needles


And this is done!

This is a belated Christmas gift for my lil niece!

She saw a hat like this while we were walking through Nordies one day and asked if I could make her one like it!

Of course I said "Sure!!!"  and then took forever to do it.  

;-)

I used Spud & Chloe's Outer and I LOVED it!

I'd been waiting for an excuse to try this yarn out and I thought it was perfect for this hat project. 

It's made of a wool/organic cotton blend and I like that it didn't get linty and hairy like the Blue Sky Bulky did.

And it's nice and soft!

I just hope it retains its shape (on of my big beefs with yarn these days).


I did modify this pattern just a bit... 

The "modification" being that I ran out of yarn!

:)


The pattern calls for a crochet rim around the hat, which I didn't do.

It also calls for one long strap and one short strap. 

I wanted to do 2 long straps and in the end, it didn't matter since I ran outta yarn.


Still looks ok, though?

I'll have to get a pic of my niece wearing it!

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment