Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Socks!!!

Well I know it's only March but I am already thinking ahead to Christmas!!!

After last year's last minute power sessions of knitting and crafting, this year I've decided to get a head start early on!

We'll see how long that lasts. 

:)

I've decided to MAYBE make socks for everyone for Christmas 2012.

I say MAYBE because it's quite possible that after the first or second pair, I MAY BE over it! 

And if that's the case, at least 2 people will get socks or maybe El Hub and I will get socks.   :)

I've decided on the Blue Sky Worsted Knee Socks for the guys:
$84.00 socks?  Eeeeeeks!

I bought my Blue Sky Worsted Hand Dyes yarn at Green Planet Yarn while up north last week and, well at $20.95 A SKEIN and needed FOUR skeins, let's just say that whoever gets these socks BETTER love 'em! 


3 Skeins 2013 (Midnight Blue) and 1 Skein 2007 (Light Blue)



These are worked on size 6 double-pointed needles with a simple k1, p1 rib and seems to be working pretty quickly, so far!

I'm a bit nervous about the heel and toe but I'll cross that bridge when it comes!


For the gals, I've decided on the Spud and Chloe Cable Cable Cable socks!


I also bought this yarn at Green Planet Yarn.



2 skeins of Spud and Chloe Fine makes one pair of socks!


Spud and Chloe Fine in # 7810 (Lipstick)!
These skeins were $13.75 EACH and $28.00 bucks for a pair of socks is not as shocking to me as 84.00!

:)

These call for size 1 and 2 double-pointed needles!  Eeeek!

Teeny-Tiny!

I have not started these yet but will post picks when I do!

You know I love my cables, so I'm excited to make these.

:)

Some detail pics from the Spud and Chloe site!




Have you made socks? 

Do you have a favorite sock pattern?

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment