Sunday, April 8, 2012

Itty-Bitty Hats by Susan B. Anderson - Bunny Hat!

And, this is done!

I wanted so badly to have this ready on time for our Peanut to wear on Easter Sunday!



The good news is that it was done and ready for Easter Sunday.


The bad news is that it was A Thousand degrees on Sunday! (which is actually good news!  It was a gorgeous Easter Sunday!)


Anyway... 

As with all of Susan B. Anderson's patterns, this one worked up quickly and easily!


If you know me at all... you know I've been following her blog for A LONG time!

I think I came across her blog when I stumbled onto the Spud & Chloe blog

For the longest time, these two blogs were the ones that I checked daily and followed religiously!

I was bummed when Susan announced she would not be curating the Spud & Chloe blog anymore and I do have to admit (I hate to say), but I feel like the Spud & Chloe blog just isn't the same and I'm not so inclined to check it as I used to be.  (But I still love it and I love the Spud & Chloe patterns & yarn...)

Anyway!

This hat really did work quickly and it is very easy.

A basic cast-on on circular needles and knitting all the way to the specific length.  

Then start the ears!

One of the many things I appreciate about Susan's patterns is that she is incredibly clear with her directions!

To be able to verbally convey what you are visually or mentally thinking is no easy task and she really does it well. 

I never question what she means or what I'm supposed to do. 


She even had very clear instructions on how to do a pom! 

My pom came out a bit wonky but I will work on that. 

I used the suggested RYC Cashsoft Baby DK in 800 Snowman (from my Jimmy Beans Wool purchase!) and this yarn really is lovely!

It's SUPER soft and cozy feeling on the hand.  It works really well.  It's not slippery or curly. 

It's really quality yarn and...

I am really impressed I was able to get this hat (plus 2 poms) out of one skein!

I was really getting nervous there towards the end that I wouldn't have enough and that I'd have to buy another skein (which would be a big bummer).

But it was perfect!



After all of that... I tried to get a picture of our Peanut in the hat and he flat-out refused!  

Everytime I put it on him, he'd yank it right off!

I am determined and I will get a pic of him in this hat that I slaved on for hours!

:)

And when I do, you'll be the first to see it.

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment