Thursday, December 13, 2012

Things...

I know... I know!
 
I have been terrible lately.



I have not posted a "Free Pattern Friday" in at least 2 or 3 Fridays...

I have not posted pics of the Sock-a-Thon that I've been powering through.

Not to mention the other things that I have really truly for real been making (like Peanut's sweater or baby mittens)!

I've been bad lately.  I dunno why.

I think it's the season.  (Yes... blame the season!)  :)

Actually, if we are going to be Honest Abe here... it's 'cause I have been a bit down (and also just flat out busy).

I've had a bug which turned into the cough of all coughs these past 2 weeks (apparently, allegedly, according to El Hub... my cold turned me into a 'snorer'!). 

Pre-Thanksgiving, I was busy perfecting Apple and Pumpkin Pies (for Thanksgiving at my MIL's).

I really have been powering through Christmas socks and I have to say, I think they have contributed to my being down... Is that weird?! 

I'm dying to start a new project (preferably for ME and preferably not for feet!).

On the plus side, I now have Susan B. Anderson's How I Make My Socks committed to memory so, should you ever be out and about without your pattern and need to know, I can tell you!  :)

And... did I tell you I got a little job?  Like little... Like teeny tiny (3 hours A WEEK) little.  :)

But I am enjoying it.

Anyway...

El Hub and I are mellow by nature and we don't let ourselves get swept up by the busyness of the season (any season).

But it seems that we are still busy with it!  We get swept into it anyway.

Christmas parties and gift shopping. 

Christmas pictures and Peanut's little Holiday School Program.

Things just get busy.

And we are up north, this week.  Which you know I LOVE LOVE LOVE!

It's been nice to get away.  Being up here forces me to do things that I love (knitting, reading... ahem, shopping 'site seeing') as guilt free.  No house to clean.  No dinner to make.  No laundry to do.

Just Peanut napping and me knitting (or reading) in our little hotel room.

Nice.

:)

And now, out of nowhere... I feel like writing again!  YAY!  The words are just falling right out (as evidence of this lengthy post!). 

I do love to blog and I get bummed when I don't have the time (or energy) to do so...

It's hard to fit it all in sometimes and as much I love to blog, if I do have free time, then I want to knit.

But I still want to blog!

Maybe that's what has me down these days.  Trying to fit ALL of it in!

Whew!  It feels good to get this out!  I'm so glad I took the moment to write it out.  Thanks for listening!

Ok... am going to go knit now!  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment