Friday, January 22, 2010

Downtown Yarns (East Village - Manhattan, NY)

After my stop at Gotham Fine Yarns, I popped over to Downtown Yarns in the East Village.

Cute!  Cute!  Cute!



Any place that has a old screen door is too cute and alright with me!

They are incredibly nice here and super helpful.

After asking about the Twinkle yarn, she was very honest (in a good way) and said they don't carry it 'cause it's not very good!

(Good for them!)

She showed me their 3 substitutes and so I bought:

The Cascade Magnum (of course...) in a lovely teal!
The Blue Sky Bulky in color 1221 - a moody deep purple
and the Brown Sheep Burly Spun in a GORGEOUS Fuschia



I thought the prices of each were very fair.  Fair less expensive that some of those store on the Upper East Side (and less, ahem snooty-tooty).

I have no idea what I'll make with these but I'd like to make one thing with each and see how they work, wear and wash!

They do offer classes and they have a full schedule already out for from now through Spring! (Jan - April)

I would like to go back to this sweet shop and get some of their Mohair yarn.  The gal was very nice in helping me pick something comparable to the Twinkle Kid Mohair.


I'd love to make that silly Twinkle Mohair Shrug but I dunno how many skeins I need!

I'll figure it out... :)

Downtown Yarns is at 45 Avenue A, between 3rd & 4th in the East Village.

And there is a very sweet Golden Retriever there waiting for you to give him some love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment