Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lion Brand Think Pink! Yarns for October

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and the Lion blog has posted a nice chart of their different yarns in various pinks.

I love the Cotton-Ease Berry color.


I always supposed Breast Cancer Awareness 'cause I love pink and every year I'd look forward to October when all the fun pink lipsticks would come out from Stila and Estee Lauder.

Unfortunately, as the years have gone by, I've started to be affected by this awful cancer personally.

Earlier this year, I lost an old friend to cancer.

My sister-in-law's sister battled breast cancer this year and my BFF has to be checked every 3 months from here on out due to some silly tumors in her breasts.

It's just too much and it really bums me out.

:-/

Anyway, I didn't mean to become such a Debbie Downer.

I love all this pink yarn and if there are 2 things I can do well...

It's knit and shop. 

And if both of those happen to support Breast Cancer Awareness, then I will do my part and shop!

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment